Thought Leadership Studio Podcast Episodes:
How to Build Your Inner Board of Advisors
Episode Fourteen: Supercharge your thought leadership: Tap into more inspiration and motivation by building a support and accountability team in your imagination.
Or Click here to listen or subscribe on app
What this episode will do for you
- Tap into more inspiration and motivation.
- Overcome limiting beliefs.
- Step outside of limits of identity.
- Leverage the incredible power of your imagination in service of your goals.
What's the Point of Training the Imagination?
Anyone starting to follow my work will quickly note the emphasis on what one might call the "Mind Game". One might ask what's the point.
The point is that Strategic Thought Leadership includes leading people to new thinking. And, if it's truly new thinking, then it's coming from a place of creativity.
So there's a design process.
It means tapping into the artistic side where you're drawing from states of inspiration to invent a new perspective. A strategic thought leader creates stepping stones from the prevalent point of view about their product, service, field, or profession to what I call a Thought Leadership Position.
Building Your Inner Support TeamI'm using this podcast to introduce the concept of your Inner Board of Advisors. This is one of many thought experiments or mental training techniques that can fit into the inner theme park concept: consider it like an attraction in the inner theme park.
It uses the method of excellence modeling. It's a powerful application of the imagination to overcome what some call limits of identity. Like we start to believe that we are a certain person who can or can't do certain things, which brings in the need to work around or outside of limits of beliefs.
This episode was sponsored by Scorpion Helpers
. Please make a donation to give a happy sunset to the life of a retired racing scorpion.
The Power of the Group MindThe group mind that can serve (and be served by in reciprocal fashion) the entrepreneur, founder, solopreneur or thought leader can take various forms. These include:
- Mastermind Group
- Board of Directors
- Board of Advisors
- Networking Group
Who Would You Have On Your Inner Support Team?
- Who represents excellence in handling issues like you are dealing with?
- Would you include famous authors, consultants, or businesspeople?
- Superstars with world-class standards from other fields?
- How about one or more historical geniuses like Tesla or Einstein?
- Could you find inspiration and direction from fictional characters or mythical figures?
- What would be different if one of these people (or mythic beings) took your place in dealing with your challenges and opportunities?
- How might things turn out differently if you were able to fully incorporate the best of all of them combined?
Napoleon Hill Wrote About Such a Method in Think And Grow Rich.
Every night, over a long period of years, I held an imaginary Council meeting with this groups whom I called my "Invisible Counselors".
The procedure was this. Just before going to sleep at night, I would shut my eyes, and see, in my imagination, this group of men seated with me around my Council Table. Here I had not only an opportunity to sit amongst those whom I considered to be great, but I actually dominated the group, by serving as Chairman.
Napoleon Hill, Think & Grow Rich
Free Stuff and Offers Mentioned in Podcast