Thought Leadership Studio Blog Posts:
Infographic - LEO model of Thought Leadership
A Triple Perspective Approach to making Thought Leadership Effective and Strategic:
L = Listen E = Envision O = Output
Embrace LEO and be a lion of Strategic Thought Leadership in a marketplace of wildebeests.
“Rigor alone is paralytic death, but imagination alone is insanity.”
― Gregory Bateson, Mind and Nature
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last, you create what you will." - George Bernard Shaw
"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." -Carl Sagan
First, LEO is designed as a balanced strategy.
- L = Listen,
the passive, auditory mode of taking the current thinking of your audience in ... unfiltered by your preconceptions. Let new learning challenge your assumptions.
- E = Envision, the creative, visual mode of using your imagination to design a new angle, new approach, or new set of talking points that brings how your audience perceives what you do to a new, more vivid place.
- O = Output, the active, kinesthetic mode of creating and promoting content with your well-designed path of Strategic Thought Leadership as the robust "back-story".
Speaking of back-stories, think of how George Lucas used Joseph Campbell's interpretation of myth as the back-story of Star Wars, giving it emotional power.
One of the consistent characteristics found in geniuses - as per Robert Dilts' research and analysis of the thinking patterns of Mozart, Einstein, Da Vinci, Tesla, and others - is being able to take multiple perspectives on an issue. So, if you choose to embrace and internalize the LEO model, you are in good company.
Watch Out for the 3-Eyed LionWant a good mnemonic to remember the 3 modes of the triple perspective approach to Strategic Thought Leadership?
Think of a 3-eyed lion, since there are also 3 "i's" in that the perspectives can be interpreted as Insight, Inspiration and Impact.
L= Listen, which brings Insight.
E= Envision, which comes from Inspiration.
O= Output, which creates Impact.
The 3 perspectives also evoke 3 roles in making a movie
- Audience Attunement: Listening for Insight come from taking the perspective of an audience member.
- Thought Leadership Studio: Accessing Inspiration to Envision your Thought Leadership Model happens in the state of creative flow with expectation of success, described as "Thought Leadership Studio" and which is akin to taking the role of the screenplay writer.
- Mindshift Director: acting like the director of a movie to bring it to life. You do this by outputting the Thought Leadership in media and promoting it for Impact on the audience, leading to increased audience growth rate, loyalty, leads, and sales.
As with the similarly triple-perspective Imagineering Strategy of Walt Disney, the key is to fully separate each mode so it can unfurl completely with no inhibition from the others. Disney actually used 3 separate rooms!
So, there you have it: 3 different ways of defining a triple perspective model... kind of like "3 Cubed" ... a cubic meta-model of Strategic Thought Leadership.
Of course, there are many layers to the onion, so to dig deeper:
- If you are in sales or marketing, click here to instantly get the Free Marketers' Guide to Strategic Thought Leadership for a deeper dive in how to do this.
- Click here to listen to the Thought Leadership Studio Podcast.
- Click here to learn more about scheduling a money-back guaranteed Strategic Thought Leadership Coaching Consultation session
Share this Infographic On Your Site
Written by Chris McNeil, Strategic Thought Leadership NLP Coach and Consultant, Founder of Thaut, host of Thought Leadership Studio podcast, and Creator of the Thaut Process of Strategic Thought Leadership. Click here to connect with Chris on LinkedIn (please mention this post in the request) Click here to follow Chris behind the wheel of Thought Leadership Studio on Twitter.